(I am writing this before I see Ashley’s so that if there are crossovers, I come by them honestly and also don’t have to think of others because she already mentioned them.)
10 things about Ashley*
- She gave Beth Ball its name. Beth Ball is a fun word game Phil and I play a lot. It’s good for anywhere, anytime. This is how you play Beth Ball:
- She could Tae Bo your ass to next week.
- She is a picky eater (if you know her in person and not just on the internet, you definitely know this about Ashley)
- Her nickname is Timmons.
- She is a charitable gal who has volunteered for Habitat for Humanity a number of times (I wonder what Natasha is wondering. (inside joke, apologies))
- She invented the worm club. Here is the story of the worm club:
- She races motorcycles on the weekends.
- She is not subtle or shy. I think she may be the only person who ever told me I needed a haircut.
- She laughs a lot. At you, with you, doesn’t matter. Just a lot.
- She is remarkably self-aware.
Say a two-or-three-word phrase. The next person says a two-or-three-word phrase starting with the second word of your phrase. And so on. Example:
P1: Alphabet Soup
P2: Soup to nuts
P1(or P3): Nuts to that
P2: That’s a wrap
And so on. The rules are very loose, but there are a few ironclad ones. No phrases of the same word (e.g., andale, andale) and no repeating a phrase twice in one game.
There is no winning and no point to the game. The game starts whenever someone starts.
Once upon a time there was a young princess named Ashley. She wanted to have an inside club to which she controlled admittance. And so she invented the worm club. Girls who wanted to be in the worm club had to find and hold a worm at recess. Ashley specified the time the worm must be held to gain entrance to the club. Ashley never had to hold a worm as president of the worm club. The end.
*one is a lie. You decide which one.